Overwhelmed with big screen TV and home theater audio options? What do you need to build the perfect home theater experience? Home Theater For Dummies, 3rd Edition shows you how to plan a home theater system and choose components that fit your budget and your room. Beginning with the most basic information, this guide helps you choose what you need and put it all together. It explains DLP, 3LCD, HDMI, DTV, and HDTV so you can talk intelligently with salespeople at the electronics store. You ll find out about Blu-ray, explore HD and satellite radio options, and see how to incorporate a Wii, Xbo.
Home Theater For Dummies? 3rd Edition; Table of Contents; Introduction; Part I Welcome to the World of Home Theater; Chapter 1 The Zen of Home Theater; Chapter 2 Defining Your Home-Theatered Home; Chapter 3 The ABCs of Home Theater Audio; Chapter 4 Getting the Big (Video) Picture; Part II Get ting Video and Music into Your Theater: Source Devices; Chapter 5 Treating Your Ears to Music; Chpater 6 Feeding Video into Your Theater; Chapter 7 Feeding Your Home Theater from Outside Your Home; Chapter 8 Gaming Galore; Chapter 9 Introducing the Home Theater PC. Chapter 10 Accessing Digital Content at Home and Over the InternetPart III Watching and Listening: Display and Control Devices; Chapter 11 The Heart of Your Home Theater: The A/V Receiver; Chapter 12 Speaker of the House; Chapter 13 Understanding Your Display Options; Chapter 14 Comparing Display Technologies; Chapter 15 Remote Controlling Your Home Theater; Part IV Putting It All Together; Chapter 16 Home Theater Cable Basics; Chapter 17 Hooking Up Your A. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 621.388
- Physical Description: 410 p.
- Computers & Internet -- Software -- Introductory Guides
- Entertainment -- Movies -- Video -- Technical
- Home & Garden -- How-to & Home Improvements -- Electrical
- Home & Garden -- How-to & Home Improvements -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Electronics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Electronics -- Stereo & Audio Equipment
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Stereo & Audio Equipment
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Telecommunications -- Television & Video
- Reference -- Consumer Guides
- Science -- General
- Science -- General AAS
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books