Here are instructions for beginning hand drum players who want to play rhythms with contemporary music. You don't need a drumset to lay down a groove. All you need is one drum -- a djembe, a conga, or anything else you can get both your hands on. Whether your goal is to play in a band, jam in the park, or just drum along with your favorite CDs, this book will show you how, step by step. No other book systematically teaches these kinds of patterns as well as the basic techniques of hand drumming. It's filled with great dance grooves, many adapted from drumset patterns used in rock, pop, and funk music. Others are based on traditional African or Afro-Cuban rhythms. Anyone can play all these grooves in a wide variety of musical styles and settings--and you can hear how each one sounds on the CD that comes with the book.
- Physical Description: 8.5"x11.0"x0.3"; 96 pages; 0.7 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2001-03-02
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Music -- Instruments & Performers -- Percussion
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Music -- Musical Genres -- Ethnic & International -- World Beat
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Music -- Theory, Composition & Performance -- Techniques
- Amazon.com -- Entertainment -- Pop Culture -- Music -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books