Henry Kaplan and the Story of Hodgkin's Disease is the first account of a remarkable man who changed the face of cancer therapy and the history of a once fatal, now curable, cancer.
Description based upon print version of record. Contents; Acknowledgments; Prologue; 1. Morbid Appearances; 2. Arrogant Ancestors; 3. Diagnosing Hodgkin's Disease; 4. Growing Up Brilliant; 5. Roentgen's Rays; 6. A Spartan Existence; 7. The Courtship of Leah Lebeson; 8. Headway with Hodgkin's Disease; 9. The Fledgling Investigator; 10. The Unlikely Aftermath of Mustard Gas; 11. The Stanford Wooing; 12. The Outsider; 13. Vera Peters: Daring to Cure Hodgkin's Disease; 14. The Cancer-Killing Cannon; 15. Moving to the Farm; Photograph Gallery 1; 16. Saul Rosenberg: A Promising Young Oncologist. 17. The L-1 Protocol: Christine Pendleton and Douglas Eads18. The L-2 Protocol: Petra Ekstrand and Joey Radicchi; 19. International Cooperation; 20. A Famous Father; 21. The Single-Minded Focus of Vince DeVita; 22. A Walking Textbook of Radiation Morbidity; 23. Living Autopsies; 24. Protégés; 25. Intellectual Playmates; 26. Peace Now!; 27. Mary Lasker's Moon Shot for Cancer; 28. A Cancer-Causing Virus; 29. The Ann Arbor Conference; 30. Bookends; 31. The Cancer Center Debacle; 32. Deadly Complications; 33. High-Dose DeVita; 34. The S-5 Protocol: Chris Jenkins; 35. Inconsolable. 36. Without a Spleen37. Kaplan's Moby Dick; 38. The Elusive Human Tumor Virus; 39. The Quiet Conviction; Photograph Gallery 2; 40. The Boy in the Bubble; 41. The C-1 Protocol: Wendy Podwalny; 42. The Quest for the Magic Bullet; 43. The Death of a Difficult Woman; 44. Felled; 45. Dying Adagio; Epilogue; Source Notes; Bibliography; Index;
- Dewey Decimal: 362.196/994460092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (458 p.)
- Hodgkin's disease
- Kaplan, Henry S
- United States
- Social Science
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books