Includes bibliographical references (p. -237) and index. Hemingway's Italy : Paradise lost / Rena Sanderson -- The Italian education of Ernest Hemingway / Nancy R. Comley -- Bringing "Italianicity" home : Hemingway returns to Oak Park / Kim Moreland -- A captain in Hemingway's court? : the story of Ernest Hemingway, A farewell to arms, and the unpublished papers of Robert W. Bates / Steven Florczyk -- Of Mussolini and macaroni : Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and expatriate "Italianicity" / Kirk Curnutt -- "The revolutionist" : historical context and political ideology / Lawrence H. Martin -- Anti-fascist symbols and subtexts in A farewell to arms : Hemingway, Mussolini, and journalism in the 1920s / John Robert Bittner ; completed and revised by Joseph M. Flora -- Who's the foreigner now? : rethinking 1920s American prejudice in A farewell to arms / Jeffrey A. Schwarz -- Angling for affection : absent fathers, fatherhood, and fishing in A farewell to arms / J. Gerald Kennedy -- Hemingway's Stresa : getting it right : actual and symbolic landscape, deep structure, and the Borromean subtext / H.R. Stoneback -- "Arms and the man" : an Italian lineage for the wedding of love and war in A farewell to arms / Beverly Taylor -- "Suddenly and unreasonably" : shooting the sergeant in A farewell to arms / Ellen Andrews Knodt -- At the heart of A farewell to arms / Linda Wagner-Martin -- Ettore Moretti : Hemingway's "legitimate war hero"? / Robert E. Fleming -- Internal structures : the conservatism of A farewell to arms / Miriam B. Mandel -- Nick Adams in Italy / Joseph M. Flora -- Painters and paintings in Across the river and into the trees / Margaret O'Shaughnessey -- Wrath and agony in Across the river and into the trees / Stephen L. Tanner -- Hemingway, the embodiment of the American myth, and Italian leftist writers / Vita Fortunati -- Selected bibliography : Italian works by Ernest Hemingway.
- LCC: PS3515
- Dewey Decimal: 813/.52
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 252 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Hemingway, Ernest,1899-1961 -- Homes and haunts -- Italy
- Hemingway, Ernest,1899-1961 -- Knowledge -- Italy
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography
- Americans -- Italy -- History -- 20th century
- Journalists -- United States -- Biography
- Italy -- Foreign public opinion, American
- American fiction -- Italian influences
- Italy -- In literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books