The hero: Forty years after being rescued from Axis powers at the end of World War II, he's a top field agent for the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Development. He questions the unknown, then beats it into submission. And he's a blood-red, cloven-hoofed demon with a tail and stone right hand named Hellboy. The girl: Dr. Anastasia Bransfield is the old flame from Hellboy's past. Beautiful and tough, Anastasia wishes they could reunite under better circumstances. But she needs his raw power and knowledge of the unknown to help her search team solve... The mystery: Around 525 B.C., a fifty thousand-strong Persian army, while crossing the conquered Egyptian desert, inexplicably vanished from the face of the earth. Two millennia later, amid mounting hostilities between Libya and joint allied forces, a group of British archaeologists has met that same fate, disappearing without a trace along the edge of the Great Sand Sea. The evil: From the mythical oasis of Ammon, the dead utter a warning to Hellboy, Anastasia and their companions: leave now or die. And be careful of the spiders. Hellboy has no recourse but to dig deeper, below the hot sands of the Sahara. As usual, what he finds is worse than even the world's greatest paranormal agent could bargain for -- an immortal sorcerer named Hazred, who sees Hellboy as the instrument to summon back an even greater evil banished from our world eons before. And any who stand against him will fall before the undead legions of The Lost Army.
- Dewey Decimal: 813.54
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.6"; 0.8 lb; 208 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1997-06
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Horror
- Literature & Fiction -- Contemporary
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Graphic Novels
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Publishers -- Dark Horse
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Characters -- Hellboy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books