Handbook of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination
Includes bibliographical references and indexes. The study of stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination within social psychology : a quick history of theory and research / Charles Stangor -- Development of racial and ethnic prejudice among children / Sheri R. Levy and Julie Milligan Hughes -- Intergroup threat theory / Walter G. Stephan, Oscar Ybarra, and Kimberly Rios Morrison -- Automaticity and control in stereotyping and prejudice / Patricia G. Devine and Lindsay B. Sharp -- Attributions to discrimination : antecedents and consequences / Brenda Major and Pamela J. Sawyer -- Controlling prejudice and stereotyping : antecedents, mechanisms, and contexts / Galen V. Bodenhausen, Andrew R. Todd, and Jennifer A. Richeson -- Stereotypes and shifting standards / Monica Biernat -- Stereotype and social identity threat / Joshua Aronson and Matthew S. McGlone -- The role of entitativity in stereotyping : processes and parameters / David L. Hamilton ... [et al.] -- The unbearable accuracy of stereotypes / Lee Jussim ... [et al.] -- Downward and upward spirals in intergroup interactions : the role of egosystem and ecosystem goals / Jennifer Crocker and Julie A. Garcia -- The stereotypic behaviors of the powerful and their effect on the relatively powerless / Theresa K. Vescio ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms underlying the malleability of implicit prejudice and stereotypes : the role of automaticity and cognitive control / Nilanjana Dasgupta -- Intergroup emotions theory / Diane M. Mackie and Angela T. Maitner, and Eliot R. Smith -- How our dreams of death transcendence breed prejudice, stereotyping, and conflict : terror management theory / Jeff Greenberg ... [et al.] -- You were always on my mind : how event-related potentials inform impression formation research / Jennifer T. Kubota and Tiffany A. Ito -- Pictures in our heads : contributions of fMRI to the study of prejudice and stereotyping / David M. Amodio and Matthew D. Lieberman -- Measures of prejudice / Michael A. Olson -- Racism in the 21st century / Michael A. Z?rate -- Sexism / Janet K. Swim and Lauri L. Hyers -- Ageism / Todd D. Nelson -- Sexual prejudice / Gregory M. Herek -- Anti-fat prejudice / Christian S. Crandall, Angela Nierman, and Michelle Hebl -- A common ingroup identity : a categorization-based approach for reducing intergroup bias / Samuel L. Gaertner and John F. Dovidio -- The self-regulation of prejudice / Margo J. Monteith and Aimee Y. Mark -- The future of research on prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination / Susan T. Fiske ... [et al.] Access restricted to University of Saskatchewan students, faculty and staff. Electronic reproduction.Palo Alto CA :Ebrary,2009.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to libraries affiliated with Ebrary.
- LCC: BF575
- Dewey Decimal: 303.3/85
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiv, 581 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Clinical Psychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Social Psychology & Interactions
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Discrimination & Racism
- Stereotypes (Social psychology)
- Social perception
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books