Handbook of Genome Research : Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Bioinformatics, Ethical and Legal Issues
In this unique presentation of a revolutionary field of science, the first section introduces the domains of application for genomics and bioinformatics, such as sequencing and the comparative sequence analysis of model organisms, investigating genetically influenced diseases, the development of new active substances, agri-food and environmental genomics. There then follows an overview of current topics central to DNA technologies, proteomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics, including such hot topics as DNA chip fabrication, yeast two hybrid analysis, tools for gene expression studies, metabolic networks and systems biology. The whole is rounded off by four chapters on the ethical, legal and social aspects of this sensitive topic.
- Dewey Decimal: 616
- Physical Description: 646 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2005-09-02
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books