Groundwater hydrology: conceptual and computational models
"Suitable for practising engineers, hydrogeologists, researchers in groundwater and irrigation, mathematical modellers, groundwater scientists, and water resource specialists. Appropriate for upper level undergraduates and M.Sc. students in Departments of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Earth Science and Physical Geography. It would also be useful for hydrologists, civil engineers, physical geographers, agricultural engineers, constituency firms involved in water resource projects, and overseas development workers."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. ) 1. Introduction -- Pt. I. Basic Principles -- 2. Background to Groundwater Flow -- 3. Recharge due to Precipitation or Irrigation -- 4. Interaction between Surface Water and Groundwater -- Pt. II. Radial Flow -- 5. Radial Flow to Pumped Boreholes - Fundamental Issues -- 6. Large Diameter Wells -- 7. Radial Flow where Vertical Components of Flow are Significant -- 8. Practical Issues of Interpreting and Assessing Resources -- Pt. III. Regional Groundwater Flow -- 9. Regional Groundwater Studies in which Transmissivity is Effectively Constant -- 10. Regional Groundwater Flow in Multi-Aquifer Systems -- 11. Regional Groundwater Flow with Hydraulic Conductivity Varying with Saturated Thickness -- 12. Numerical Modelling Insights -- App. Computer Program for Two-zone Model.
- LCC: GB1197.7
- Dewey Decimal: 551.49
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 416 p. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books