GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics (Test Prep Series)
The material in this book is intended to help you prepare for the Analytical Writing section of the revised GRE test. During the test, you will be asked to respond in writing to two different types of prompts. One, Analyze an Issue, requires you to follow specific directions as you take a position on a statement, claim, or recommendation. The other, Analyze an Argument, requires you to follow specific instructions as you determine the strengths and/or weaknesses presented in an argument. Since you will have limited time to develop your responses, some preparation for the test will be helpful. The Analytical Writing Measure is just one part of the GRE, but, combined with your scores on the other parts of the test, helps to predict your ability to be successful in graduate school. This book contains twenty five sample Analyze an Issue essays and twenty five sample Analyze an Argument essays along with the rubrics, prompts and tips to use when writing your own essays. The prewriting activities demonstrate how the writer selected a point of view and created evidence to use in developing the responses. You should notice a variety of approaches, from using first-person point of view to employing historical and literary references. These are just suggestions. Your own experience, reading, and course work may lead you to take different approaches. Keep in mind the specific directions, the rubric and your own experience in writing at the college level. If you plan to appear for the GRE on or after August 1, 2011, then this is a must have book for you. From the Front Cover: a) 25 solved Issue topics with strategies to be used as a benchmark b) 25 solved Argument topics with strategies to be used as a benchmark c) Expert Strategies and simplified methods to produce focused responses d) Scoring Guides for Issue and Argument tasks as per the revised GRE Guidelines
- Dewey Decimal: 378
- Physical Description: 8.0"x10.0"x0.4"; 1.0 lb; 184 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-10-20
- Self-Help -- Success
- Education & Reference -- Education -- Test Guides - Graduate & Professional -- GRE
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books