Gothic reflections: narrative force in nineteenth-century fiction
Includes bibliographical references and index. The Force of a Frame -- 1. Poe and the Tale -- 2. Gothic Reflexivity from Walpole to Hogg -- 3. Poe and His Doubles -- Monster Stories -- 4. Frankenstein -- 5. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- 6. Dracula -- The Language of Destiny -- 7. Dickens -- 8. Eliot -- 9. James -- Conclusion -- Index.
- LCC: PR868
- Dewey Decimal: 823/.087290908
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 232 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- English fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Horror tales, English -- History and criticism
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- Great Britain
- American fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Horror tales, American -- History and criticism
- Gothic revival (Literature) -- United States
- Narration (Rhetoric)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books