"This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of library administration." Includes bibliographical references and index. Standing on the shoulders of libraries: a holistic and rhetorical approach to teaching Google Scholar / Charlie Potter -- Fool's gold: why the Internet is no substitute for a library / Mark Y. Herring -- Who holds the keys to the Web for libraries? / Emily F. Blankenship -- An opportunity, not a crisis: how Google is changing the individual and the information profession / Kay Cahill -- Studying journal coverage in Google Scholar / Philipp Mayr, Anne-Kathrin Walter -- Changes at Google Scholar: a conversation with Anurag Acharya / Barbara Quint -- Attitudes of OhioLINK librarians toward Google Scholar / Joan Giglierano -- Using Google Scholar at the reference desk / Karen Bronshteyn, Kathryn Tvaruzka -- Google Book Search libraries and their digital copies / Jill E. Grogg, Beth Ashmore -- To Google or not to Google, that is the question: supplementing Google Book Search to make it more useful for scholarship / Shawn Martin -- The Million Book Project in relation to Google / Gloriana St. Clair -- Using metadata to discover the buried treasure in Google Book Search / Millie Jackson -- Google Video--just another video sharing site? / Tine Walczyk -- Google's bid to build cooperation and partnerships through Librarian Central and Google for Educators / Robert J. Lackie.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 196 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books