(God) after Auschwitz: tradition and change in post-Holocaust Jewish thought
Includes bibliographical references (p. -200) and index. Modernity surpassed: Jewish religious thought after Auschwitz -- Theodicy and its others: forms of religious response to the problem of evil -- Anti/theodicy: in Bible and Midrash -- Theodicies: in modern Jewish thought -- "Hitler's accomplice"?! Revisioning Richard Rubenstein -- Do I belong to the race of words? Anti-theodic faith and textual revision in the thought of Eliezer Berkovits -- Why is the world today not water? Revelation, fragmentation, and solidarity in the thought of Emil Fackenheim -- Discourse, sign, diptych: remarks on Jewish thought after Auschwitz.
- LCC: BM645
- Dewey Decimal: 296.3/1174
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 208 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books