Drawing on stories elicited from women and children living on the streets, particularly girls, this book considers why girls live their lives and work on the city streets. It discusses what happens to them when they do so, what mechanisms they adopt to cope, the support they receive, and how they adjust to other ways of life. It outlines common perceptions of street children, what may be done to improve their lot, and some existing intervention programmes.
- Dewey Decimal: 301
- Physical Description: 80 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1977-01-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books