Genocide, the world wars and the unweaving of Europe
Includes bibliographical references (p. -258) and index. Introduction : genocide and ethnic cleansing in Europe's long twentieth century -- Three imperialisms and a Turkish nationalism -- Cumulative radicalisation : the development of the genocide -- The German role -- The final solution and other "solutions" -- Perpetrators and perpetration -- Jewish slave labour and the economics of the final solution -- Changing perceptions of state violence : the Turkish case -- The Nazi past in occupation-era Germany -- Selective commemoration today : Britain's Holocaust Memorial Day.
- LCC: HV6322.7
- Dewey Decimal: 304.6630940904
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 268 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Genocide -- Religious aspects -- History -- 20th century
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Atrocities
- Armenians -- Turkey -- History
- Armenian massacres, 1915-1923
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Causes
- Germany -- Ethnic relations -- History
- Turkey -- Ethnic relations -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books