"The first edition of A Genetic Switch has become a classic exposition of gene regulation, explaining in simple molecular terms how proteins bind DNA and turn genes on and off as the virus lambda grows in bacteria. To that original text, reprinted here with small modifications, the author has added a chapter describing recent advances that extend and deepen our understanding of lambda's "genetic switch." The study of lambda reveals the basic reactions that underlie transcriptional regulation in all organisms and shows how those reactions can be combined to produce a complex regulatory circuit."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Ch. 1. The master elements of control -- Ch. 2. Protein-DNA interactions and gene control -- Ch. 3. Control circuits - setting the switch -- Ch. 4. How do we know - the key experiments -- Ch. 5. 2004 : new developments.
- LCC: QR342
- Dewey Decimal: 579.2/6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 154 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Amazon.com -- Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- General
- Amazon.com -- Science -- Evolution -- Genetics
- Amazon.com -- Medicine -- Basic Science -- Genetics
- Amazon.com -- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- General
- Amazon.com -- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Basic Sciences -- Genetics
- Bacteriophage lambda
- Genetic regulation
- Viral genetics
- Bacteriophage lambda -- genetics
- Gene Expression Regulation
- Genes, Viral
- Repressor Proteins
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books