Genders in production: making workers in Mexico's global factories
Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-207) and index. 1. Ways of Seeing -- 2. Producing Women: Femininity on the Line -- 3. Trope Chasing: Making a Local Labor Market -- 4. Bringing Fantasies to Life: Panoptimex -- 5. Re-forming the "Traditional Mexican Woman": Particimex -- 6. Manufacturing "Workers": Andromex -- 7. Gendered Meanings in Contention: Anarchomex -- 8. Why Femininity(ies)?
- LCC: HD6073
- Dewey Decimal: 306.3/615/097216
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 217 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth : alk. paper)
- Women offshore assembly industry workers -- Mexico -- Ciudad Ju�rez -- Case studies
- Sex role in the work environment -- Mexico -- Ciudad Ju�rez -- Case studies
- Working class women -- Mexico -- Ciudad Ju�rez -- Case studies
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books