Previous ed.: 2001. Includes indexes. Chapter 1: Introduction to Momentum Transfer Chapter 2: Fluid Statics Chapter 3: Description of a Fluid in Motion Chapter 4: Conservation of Mass: Control-Volume Approach Chapter 5: Newton's Second Law of Motion: Control-Volume Approach Chapter 6: Conservation of Energy: Control-Volume Approach Chapter 7: Shear Stress in Laminar Flow Chapter 8: Analysis of a Differential Fluid Element in Laminar Flow Chapter 9: Differential Equations of Fluid Flow Chapter 10: Inviscid Fluid Flow Chapter 11: Dimensional Analysis and Similitude Chapter 12: Viscous Flow Chapter 13: Flow in Closed Conduits Chapter 14: Fluid Machinery Chapter 15: Fundamentals of Heat Transfer Chapter 16: Differential Equations of Heat Transfer Chapter 17: Steady-State Conduction Chapter 18: Unsteady-State Conduction Chapter 19: Convective Heat Transfer Chapter 20: Convective Heat-Transfer Correlations Chapter 21: Boiling and Condensation Chapter 22: Heat-Transfer Equipment Chapter 23: Radiation Heat Transfer Chapter 24: Fundmentals of Mass Transfer Chapter 25: Differential Equations of Mass Transfer Chapter 26: Steady-State Molecular Diffusion Chapter 27: Unsteady-State Molecular Diffusion Chapter 28: Convective Mass Transfer Chapter 29: Convective Mass Transfer Between Phases Chapter 30: Convective Mass-Transfer Correlations Chapter 31: Mass-Transfer Equipment A. Transformations of the Operators = and =2 to Cylindrical Coordinates B. Summary of Differential Vector Operations in Various Coordinate Systems C. Symmetry of the Stress Tensor D. The Viscous Contribution to the Normal Stress E. The Navier-Stokes Equations for Constant b and m in Cartesian, Cylindrical, and Spherical Coordinates F. Charts for Solution of Unsteady Transport Problems G. Properties of the Standard Atmosphere H. Physical Properties of Solids I. Physical Properties of Gases and Liquids J. Mass-Transfer Diffusion Coefficients in Binary Systems K. Lennard-Jones Constants L. The Error Function M. Standard Pipe Sizes N. Standard Tubing Gages.
- LCC: TA357
- Dewey Decimal: 620.106 22
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 711 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (Cloth)
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books