BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY: HISTORICAL, POLITICAL & MILITARY. Whether honoured and admired or criticized and ridiculed, Florence Nightingale has invariably been misrepresented and misunderstood. As the Lady with the Lamp, ministering to the wounded and dying of the Crimean War, she offers an image of sentimental appeal and one that is permanently lodged in our national consciousness. This is her biography.
- Dewey Decimal: B/NIG
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiii, 647 p.,  p. of plates : ill., ports., geneal. table ; 20 cm.
- Biographies & Memoirs -- General
- Medicine -- Nursing -- Fundamentals & Skills
- Medicine -- Special Topics -- History
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- Fundamentals & Skills
- Nightingale, Florence,1820-1910
- Nurses -- Great Britain -- Biography
- Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Medical care
- Military nursing -- History -- 19th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books