Includes bibliographies and index. Can government control itself? / Richard Rose and Edward Page --Pressures in Whitehall / Maurice Wright -- Pressures from Whitehall / Royston Greenwood -- The decline of urban economics / Ken Young and Liz Mills -- Local government as an employer / Andrew Thomson -- Do fewer pupils mean falling expenditure? / S.J. Bailey -- Local autonomy and intergovernmental finance in Britain and the United States / Harold Wolman -- Chronic instability in fiscal systems / Richard Rose and Edward Page.
- LCC: HT1023
- Dewey Decimal: 336/.014
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 245 p. ; ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: $30.00 (est.)
- Intergovernmental fiscal relations -- Great Britain
- Intergovernmental fiscal relations -- United States
- Municipal finance -- Great Britain
- Municipal finance -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books