First responder's guide to abnormal psychology applications for police, firefighters, and rescue personnel
Includes bibliographies and index. Introduction -- The role and importance of first responders to dealing with psychologically disordered individuals -- Normal vs. abnormal behavior: a continuum -- Key mental health issues in the criminal justice and emergency medical systems -- Disorders of the brain and central nervous system -- The psychotic disorders -- The mood disorders -- The anxiety, somatoform and dissociative disorders -- The personality disorders -- The substance use disorders -- Crisis, terrorism and trauma-based disorders -- Therapeutic justice -- Mental disorders in youth -- Index. Also available in print. Electronic reproduction.UK :MyiLibrary,2008.
- LCC: RC480.6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 233 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Crisis intervention (Mental health services)
- Crisis intervention (Mental health services) -- Case studies
- Disaster victims -- Mental health
- Disasters -- Risk assessment
- Crisis intervention
- Emergency Medical Services
- Mental Disorders -- prevention & control
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books