Contents: 1. Introduction : polymer combustion, condensed phase pyrolysis and smoke formation / Dennis Price, Geoffrey Anthony and Peter Carty -- 2. Mechanisms and modes of action in flame retardancy of polymers / Meanchem Lewin and Edward D. Weil -- 3. Toxicity of fire retardants in relation to the life safety and environmental hazards / David Purser -- 4. Textiles / A. Richard Horrocks -- 5. Composites / Baljinder K. Kandola and A. Richard Horrocks -- 6. Nanocomposites / Baljinder K. Kandola -- 7. Recent developments in flame-retarding thermoplastics and thermosets / Paul Joseph and John R. Ebdon -- 8. Applications of halogen flame retardants / Pierre Georlette -- 9. Natural polymers, wood and lignocellulosic materials / Ryszard Kozlowski and Maria Wladyka-Przybylak -- 10. Intumescent materials / Giovanni Camino and S. Lomakin -- 11. Graft copolymerisation as a tool for flame retardancy -- 12. Performance-based test methods for material flammability -- 13. Fire safety design requirements of flame-retarded materials / Dougal Drysdale -- 14. Mathematical modelling / J. Staggs
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 429 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Fireproofing agents
- Fire resistant materials
- Fire retardant coatings
- Fire safety
- Smoke movement
- Life safety
- Environmental impact
- Composite materials
- Mathematical models
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books