A stunning, new novel by master storyteller Philip Reeve. FORMAT: 6 CDs, Unabridged NARRATOR: Philip Reeve Fever Crumb is a girl who has been adopted and raised by Dr. Crumb, a member of the order of Engineers, where she serves as apprentice. In a time and place where women are not seen as reasonable creatures, Fever is an anomaly, the only female to serve in the order. Soon though, she must say goodbye to Dr. Crumb-nearly the only person she's ever known-to assist archeologist Kit Solent on a top-secret project. As her work begins, Fever is plagued by memories that are not her own and Kit seems to have a particular interest in finding out what they are. Fever has also been (cont'd)singled out by city-dwellers who declare her part Scriven. The Scriveners, not human, ruled the city some years ago but were hunted down and killed in a victorious uprising by the people. If there are any remaining Scriven, they are to be eliminated. All Fever knows is what she's been told: that she is an orphan. Is Fever a Scriven? Whose memories does she hold? Is the mystery of Fever, adopted daughter of Dr. Crumb, the key to the secret that lies at the heart of London? Haunting, arresting, and astonishingly original, Fever Crumb will delight and surprise readers at every fast-paced, breathless turn. Philip Reeve is the bestselling author of the Mortal Engines quartet and the highly acclaimed Here Lies Arthur. He lives in Dartmoor, England with his wife and son.
- Physical Description: 5.1"x6.1"x1.1"; 0.3 lb
- Edition Info: Audio CD; 2011-03-01
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works
- Children's Books -- Action & Adventure
- Children's Books -- Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror -- Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Magic
- Teens -- Literature & Fiction -- Adventure & Thrillers
- Teens -- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Fantasy
- Teens -- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Science Fiction
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books