Presents biographical sketches of five American fighter pilots and aviation heroes of World War II. Includes descriptions of the types of aircraft, a glossary of aviation terms, and explanations of military ranks and command structure in the U.S. Air Force.
Includes index. Bibliography: p. 89.
- LCC: D790
- Dewey Decimal: 940.54/4973/0922
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 94 p. : ill., ports. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (lib. bdg.) :$9.58
- Biographies & Memoirs -- General
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- Europe
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- General
- History -- World -- General
- United States -- Army Air Forces -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- Army Air Forces -- Biography
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American -- Juvenile literature
- Air pilots, Military -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Generals -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Air pilots, Military
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books