Exquisite corpse: surrealism and the Black Dahlia murder
Includes bibliographical references (p. 169-183) and index. Introduction: A death and its aftermath -- Surrealism : damaged muses and mischievous mannequins -- Man Ray : a subversive vision -- Minotaur and Minotaure -- Dreams of love and death -- The exquisite corpse : a literal reenactment? -- After the murder -- The L.A. art scene -- Marcel Duchamp and the ?Etant donn?es, part I -- William Copley : surrealist confidante -- Marcel Duchamp and the ?Etant donn?es, part II -- Afterword -- Acknowledgments -- Appendix I: Los Angeles 1935-1950 : a web of connections -- Appendix II: timeline.
- LCC: HV6534
- Dewey Decimal: 364.152/30979494
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 191 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover)
- Hodel, George
- Short, Elizabeth,1924-1947
- Man Ray,1890-1976
- Duchamp, Marcel,1887-1968
- Murder -- California -- Los Angeles
- Murder in art
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books