"There are few topics more awe-inspiring than cosmology. What is the universe? How does it work? Where did it come from? These fundamental questions intrigue adults and children alike.This approachable guide brings alive humanity's attempts to explain the existence of everything and explores the latest and best theories on how the universe came into being.With approachable text, assuming no previous knowledge, and uniquely in such an illustrated book, the reader is taken beyond the certainties to explore the strange concepts that fill modern cosmology. Is the universe a hologram? Is everything we know part of a membrane floating in multidimensional space? Could we be living in a computer simulation? It sounds like science fiction, but these are among the ideas cosmologists seriously propose for the nature of reality.This book is for students, amateur astronomers, and anyone who has looked up at the sky and wondered about our place in the universe."
- Dewey Decimal: 520
- Physical Description: 7.7"x9.7"x0.9"; 2.0 lb; 208 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-03-26
- Science & Math -- Astronomy & Space Science -- Astronomy
- Science & Math -- Astronomy & Space Science -- Cosmology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books