Exploring the networked worlds of popular music: milieu cultures
Includes bibliographical references (p. -267) and index. Theories of culture and music --A journey through theories of the intersection of music and culture --Milieu cultures : the theoretical development of the milieu : from subcultures, scenes, and neo-tribes to milieu --Journeys through networked worlds of popular music : milieu cultures --Interrogating the production of sound and place : Bristol as a site of music production, from lunatic fringe to worldwide massive --Neo-folk or postindustrial music : the development of an esoteric music milieu --Hip-hop as a global cultural phenomenon : the export and appropriation of contradiction, complexity, and dialogue --The great in the small : the changing terrain of independence --Musicians : (in) security in the trial and error of the recording industry.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 277 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books