The evolution of Tolkien's mythology: a study of The history of Middle-earth
"This work provides a study of Tolkien's life and influences through an analysis of The History of Middle Earth. The work begins with a brief biography and an analysis of the major influences in Tolkien's early life. Following chapters deal with elements common to Tolkien's popular works, including the cosmogony, theogony, cosmology, metaphysics, and eschatology of Middle Earth"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-203) and index. Influences in Tolkien's life -- Tolkien's mythology of creation -- Tolkien's mythology of divine beings -- The physical world of Middle-earth and of Eä -- Death and immortality among elves and men -- The last days of Middle-earth -- The final victory.
- LCC: PR6039
- Dewey Decimal: 823/.912
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 220 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (softcover : alk. paper)
- Tolkien, J. R. R. -- (John Ronald Reuel),1892-1973 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Tolkien, J. R. R. -- (John Ronald Reuel),1892-1973 -- Knowledge -- Mythology
- Fantasy fiction, English -- History and criticism
- Middle Earth (Imaginary place)
- Mythology in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books