With contributions from 18 of the world's leading equine experts, Equine Ophthalmology provides the comprehensive and authoritative coverage you need to diagnose, manage, and operate on ocular disorders in horses. Detailed illustrations facilitate the accurate identification of a wide range of ocular diseases, while up-to-date and easily accessible clinical information helps you decide on the best course of treatment. As the only comprehensive textbook on equine ophthalmology, this reference provides the information you need to treat and manage equine ocular disease. Seventeen expert contributors share their extensive insight while providing the most authoritative and current information available. An extensive collection of high-quality images helps you to identify and treat painful ocular diseases in horses. Coverage of the financial impact of ocular disease on the equine industry provides a larger perspective on the importance of effective treatment. Greater clinical detail concerning treatment, diagnosis, and procedures offers practical information for the general equine practitioner and an up-to-date resource for specialists. Expert coverage of recent and far-reaching advances in equine ophthalmology includes an expanded section on genetics. A NEW chapter on Ophthalmologic Treatment in the Field, written by expert Ann Dwyer, offers an essential overview of ocular problems that require immediate attention. NEW "how to" sections provide succinct directions on specific procedures for readers who are not well versed in surgery. A detailed chapter outline starts each chapter and provides a quick overview of the chapter contents.
- Dewey Decimal: 636.08977
- Physical Description: 8.7"x11.0"x1.1"; 4.0 lb; 536 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-10-07
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books