Embroidery in Religion and Ceremonial (Batsford Embroidery Paperback)
This work by a leading authority on church embroidery gives practical guidance on the making and embroidering of vestments for use within the Protestant, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Jewish religions. The author also deals with the embroidery required for secular ceremonial robes and badges, including specialized gold work techniques. After a brief history of church embroidery and symbolism, the chapters cover the preparation of patterns and the construction and decoration of vestments, soft furnishings for the church and altar linen. Various embroidery methods are illustrated and described and there are chapters on commissioned work and group projects. In 1975, the author was awarded the MBE for services to embroidery for the church.
- Physical Description: 288 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1986-06
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books