In Education for Innovation: Implications for India, China and America, distinguished thought leaders explore cutting-edge questions such as: Can inventiveness and ingenuity be taught and nurtured in schools and colleges? What are the most effective educational strategies to promote these abilities? How are vibrant economies driven by innovation? What is the relationship between education for innovation and national competitiveness or economic development? Focusing on the Worlds' three most populous countries and largest economies, this book provides a forum for international experts to address a range of critically important issues related to higher education and its role in creating innovative societies. A wide diversity of educators, policymakers and corporate representatives who are dependent on innovation as the well-spring of their success will benefit from the perspectives provided by this volume. The contributors' critical analyses will be of value to higher education faculty and administrators; government officials interested in innovation, education policy, and national economic and workforce development; CEOs and other officials from the online education community and high tech corporate industries. Recent focus in all three countries on higher education as a resource for national economic advancement makes the book especially timely.
- Dewey Decimal: 378
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.2"x0.8"; 1.1 lb; 296 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-12-18
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books