Economic Policy Reforms: Going for Growth, 2007 Edition
Based on a broad set of indicators of structural policies and performance, Going for Growth 2007 takes stock of the recent progress made in implementing policy reforms and identifies, for each OECD country, five policy priorities to lift growth. It calls for reforms in areas such as product and labour market regulation, taxation, pension, income support, health and education to boost labour productivity and employment. In addition, this issue contains four analytical chapters covering the employment effects of policies and institutions, product market regulation and productivity convergence, policies to strengthen competition in product markets, and factors shaping the implementation of structural reform. ""A careful reading of this report would give an opportunistic reformer plenty of hints, tips and tricks. It offers a guide to the subtle art of making possible what is necessary."" -The Economist, Feb18th-23rd 2007, Table of Content : Part I. Taking Stock of Structur5al Policies in OECD Countries Chapter 1. Structural Policy Priorities: An Overview -Introduction -Growth Performance in OECD countries: Key Stylised Facts -Areas of Policy Priorities -Annex 1.A1. Broad Trends in Growth Performance -Annmex 1.A2. Selectio of Policy Priorities Chapter 2. Notes Chapter 3. Structural Policy Indicators Part II. Thematic Studies Chapter 4. The Employment Effects of Policies and Institutions Chapter 5. Product Market Regulation and Productivity Convergence Chapter 6. Polciies to Strengthen Competition on Product Markets Chapter 7. What Shapes the Implementation of Structural Reform? "
- Physical Description: 7.4"x10.5"x0.4"; 0.8 lb; 180 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-02-15
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- General
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics -- General
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books