What's the secret weapon behind the most successful E-commerce start-ups? Why do some new ventures succeed beyond measure while others fail dismally? The key is a working board of directors -- the kind that rolls ups its sleeves and commits emotionally, offering intellectual capital, networking contacts and operating expertise. E-Board Strategies: How to Survive and Win offers insight into the challenges that many internet and other emerging companies will encounter as they grow, such as: -Choosing the right venture capitalists, not necessarily the first ones that come along. -The changing needs and skills of management and the board. -Succession planning and being acquired. -Going public: the risks and timing, how to value the stock and judge the market. -Choosing a Chair as a senior mentor. -Refining, changing and redefining the business model. E:Board Strategies: How to Survive and Win tells the stories of how successful new ventures beat the odds and survived beyond infancy. Required reading for every business leader and all Internet pioneers!
- Physical Description: 5.5"x8.6"x0.7"; 0.7 lb; 131 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2000-06-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books