Drake and the Tudor Navy with a History of the Rise of England As a Maritime Power
2005 Scholar's Bookshelf reprint of the second edition (1899) of this classic study of a critical period in the evolution of the British Navy focusing on Hawkins, Drake, the struggles in the Spanish Main, Drake's circumnavigation, the defense against the Armada, and Drakes subsequent expeditions and eventual disgrace. Exhaustive in content, the work presents unique information about Drake and his contemporaries, their pioneering discoveries, the evolution of the British Navy, its political background, and the international conflicts of the Elizabethan world. 415 + 461 pages, fold-out maps. Softcover. Set of 2 Volumes.
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books