The first practical guide to computer-assisted clinical trials written without use of technical jargon, A Manager's Guide to the Design and Conduct of Clinical Trials provides a comprehensive primer for prospective managers covering every critical issue, including study design, organization, management, and analysis, as well as recruitment, reporting, software, and monitoring.This step-by-step guide is supported by handy checklists and extracts from submitted protocols. Experienced author and consultant Phillip I. Good incorporates humorous yet instructive anecdotes to illustrate common pitfalls. Based on the proven industrial formula of planning, implementing, and finally performing essential checks, the book's three sections-"Plan," "Do," and "Check"-include the following material:*Staffing for success*Designing trials and determining sample size*Budgeting*Exception handling*Recruiting and retaining patients and physicians*Data management*Monitoring the trials*Data analysis and reviewExecutive and managerial professionals involved in the design and analysis of clinical experiments, along with clinical research associates, biostatisticians, and students in public health will find A Manager's Guide to be an indispensable resource.
Electronic reproduction.Somerset, New Jersey :Wiley InterScience,2003.Available via World Wide Web
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxx, 248 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)0471226157 (print ed.)
- Down syndrome
- Down Syndrome -- rehabilitation
- Community Mental Health Services -- trends
- Education, Special -- trends
- Interpersonal relations
- Patient Advocacy -- trends
- Patient Participation -- trends
- Electronic books
- Health care administration / information management -- Biometrics -- Biostatistics
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books