May Day is approaching in the English village of Little Hodcombe, scene of an ancient Civil War battle. When the TARDIS arrives, the Doctor's companion Tegan is hoping to visit her grandfather. Yet the travellers learn that he has mysteriously disappeared, and the planned re-enactment of the battle has taken on a menacing tone. Local schoolteacher Jane Hampden knows how the county squire plans to celebrate May Day: with the May Queen meeting a grisly end. Can Jane make the villagers see sense, or are they all under the influence of some unseen force? The village church holds the clues to what is happening in Little Hodcombe, and soon the Doctor is facing an ancient alien foe. Can he and his friends triumph against it? Eric Pringle's novelisation of his own TV serial is read by Nerys Hughes, who played Todd in the "Doctor Who" episode "Kinda". 'BBC Audiobooks has chosen well with its books and has taken the right approach with its readers...they benefit from new music and sound effects' - "Doctor Who Magazine". Nerys Hughes reads this exciting novelisation of a classic "Doctor Who" story.
- Edition Info: Audio CD; 2010-08-05
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books