A full-color compendium of surgical equipment and supplies in one spiral-bound text/atlas!Here s all of the information your students need to know about surgical equipment and supplies their use and their specifications in one easy-to-use reference with more than 800 full-color photographs. The first chapter reviews aseptic technique.Each subsequent chapter addressesrelated equipment and supplies. Full-color photographs and detailed specifications complement the comprehensive in-text coverage. Photographs of small supplieslike sutures and drugs are shown side-by-side to highlight their distinguishing features and to emphasize the importanceof the information on their labels.Photographs also illustrate the relevantcomponents of large equipment, such as tables and anesthesia machines. Where appropriate, discussions address the proper placement of equipment for optimal use and access during procedures. Whatever the surgical specialty, it s the perfect reference for students or new staffto use to learn to recognize the vast array of equipment and supplies found in the O. R. today.KEY FEATURES*More than 800 full-color photographs of surgical equipment and supplies facilitate identification and enable students to recognize the equipment they may not see in their labs.* Photographs show sutures from three major manufacturers, both in and out oftheir packaging, so students can understandtheir labels and be able to differentiateamong them.* Watch out! boxes highlight importantinformation that must be remembered.* Troubleshooting boxes featurecommon-sense tips that help to identifyand solve equipment problems.*Each chapter concludes with multiplechoicereview questions.
- Dewey Decimal: 617.9
- Physical Description: 8.7"x10.7"x0.7"; 1.4 lb; 447 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-12-31
- Medicine -- Allied Health Professions -- General
- Medicine -- Allied Health Professions -- General AAS
- Medicine -- Nursing -- Anesthesia
- Medicine -- Reference -- Instruments & Supplies
- Medicine -- Specialties -- Surgery -- General
- Medicine -- Specialties -- Surgery -- General AAS
- Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Reference -- Instruments & Supplies
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Surgery -- General Surgery
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- Anesthesia
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books