Data requirements for integrated urban water management
Integrated urban water management relies on data allowing managers to analyze, understand and predict the behavior of the individual water cycle components and their interactions. The concomitant monitoring of the complex of urban water system elements makes it possible to grasp the entirety of relations among the various components of the urban water cycle and so develop a holistic approach to solving urban water problems. This publication is geared towards improving integrated urban water management by providing guidance on the collection, validation, storage, assessment and utilization of the relevant data.--Publisher's description.
Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction -- pt. 1. Guiding principles for data acquisitions management and use. Overview of guiding principles -- Defining objectives and applications of monitoring -- Selecting variables to monitor -- Spatial and temporal scale consideration -- Understanding and managing uncertainty -- Selecting monitoring equipment -- Data validation : principles and implementation -- Data handling and storage -- Use of data to create information and knowledge -- Social and institutional considerations -- Financial considerations -- pt. 2. Consideration and integration of specific urban water cycle components. Monitoring to understand urban water cycle interactions -- Urban meteorology -- Water supply -- Wastewater -- Stormwater -- Combined sewers -- Groundwater -- Aquatic ecosystems -- Human health -- Social and institutional components -- pt. 3. Case studies. The OTHU case study : integrated monitoring of stormwater in Lyon, France -- Wireless sensor network for monitoring a large-scale infrastructure system in Boston, USA.
- LCC: TD655
- Dewey Decimal: 628.109173/2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxiii, 337 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Municipal water supply
- Electronic books
- Municipal water supply -- Data processing
- Sewerage -- Data processing
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books