Includes index. Bibliography: p. 217-226. Personal data / J. Bing -- The social and legal implications of two-way television services / B.C. Burrows and S. Flood -- Cryptography / D.B. Everett -- The activities of the French National Commission of Data Processing and Freedom / J. Fauvet -- The background to data privacy and security / G.A. Fisher -- Data regulations--the Swedish experience / J. Freese -- The role of supranational bodies / H.-P. Gassmann -- The history and theory of modern cryptography / J.A. Gordon -- The human rights aspect of data protection / F.W. Hondius -- The personnel aspect of computer security / D.T. Lindsay -- Data regulations--organisational experience / D.J. Nicks -- Organisational experience within ICL / J. Parfitt.
- LCC: QA76.9
- Dewey Decimal: 005.8
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 240 p. : ill., ports. ; 31 cm.
- Edition Info: $495.00
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books