Darwin's dangerous idea: evolution and the meanings of life
Bibliography: p. -550. Pt. I. Starting in the Middle. Ch. 1. Tell Me Why. Ch. 2. An Idea Is Born. Ch. 3. Universal Acid. Ch. 4. The Tree of Life. Ch. 5. The Possible and the Actual. Ch. 6. Threads of Actuality in Design Space -- Pt. II. Darwinian Thinking in Biology. Ch. 7. Priming Darwin's Pump. Ch. 8. Biology Is Engineering. Ch. 9. Searching for Quality. Ch. 10. Bully for Brontosaurus. Ch. 11. Controversies Contained -- Pt. III. Mind, Meaning, Mathematics, and Morality. Ch. 12. The Cranes of Culture. Ch. 13. Losing Our Minds to Darwin. Ch. 14. The Evolution of Meanings. Ch. 15. The Emperor's New Mind, and Other Fables. Ch. 16. On the Origin of Morality. Ch. 17. Redesigning Morality. Ch. 18. The Future of an Idea.
- Dewey Decimal: 146.7
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 586 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books