Danzig, between East and West: aspects of modern Jewish history
Papers presented at a symposium held at Harvard University March 24-26, 1982 and sponsored by the Center for Jewish Studies at Harvard University and the Harvard Semitic Museum. Includes bibliographies. The image of Germany and German Jewry in East European Jewish society during the 19th century / Israel Bartal -- Problems of Western European Jews in the 20th century / Yerachmiel Cohen -- From ghetto to zionism, mutual influences of East and West / Jacob Katz -- R. Israel Lipschutz and the portrait of Moses controversy / Sid Z. Leiman -- The German model of religious reform and Russian Jewry / Michael A. Meyer -- The death of Sigismund Markus / Siegbert Prawer -- Polish Jews in the Gdansk trade in the late 17th and early 18th centuries / Moshe J. Rosman.
- LCC: DS135
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 172 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Jews -- Poland -- Gda?sk -- Congresses
- Gda?sk (Poland) -- Ethnic relations -- Congresses
- Jews -- Germany -- History -- 1800-1933 -- Congresses
- Germany -- Ethnic relations -- Congresses
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books