Currency Crises: A Theoretical and Empirical Perspective (New Horizons in Money and Finance.)
Many theoretical and empirical analyses have been put forward to explain currency crises, but this book is unique in providing an extensive perspective and a comprehensive view of the field. Andr� Four�ans and Rapha�l Franck assert that models concerning the outbreak and the propagation of currency crises share many similarities and may therefore be studied together. Theoretical developments in the currency crises literature lead to three distinct types of models. The authors focus on these first, second and third-generation models of currency crises and also discuss the role of the international financial system in preventing currency crises. Appealing to graduate students, academics and researchers in international economics, this book is a must have for those interested in learning about currency crises and the evolution of currency crises research.
- Dewey Decimal: 332.456
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.2"x1.2"; 1.3 lb; 261 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2004-01
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Money & Monetary Policy
- Business & Investing -- Finance -- Foreign Exchange
- Business & Investing -- Finance -- General
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics -- General
- Business & Investing -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Accounting & Finance -- Finance -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books