"The culture and customs of colorful Jamaica receive needed attention in this volume, which is written by insiders. Jamaica is known widely for its beautiful beaches and the reggae music scene. Culture and Customs of Jamaica richly surveys the fuller wealth of the Caribbean nation: its people, history, religion, education, language, social customs, media and cinema, literature, music, and performing and visual arts. Unique to this volume are presentations on Jamaican Creole and the education system, which have never before been found in a book aimed at a general audience. Students and other interested readers will find this volume indispensable for the detailed insight on the makings of modern Jamaica."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -207) and index.
- LCC: F1874
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 217 p.,  p. of plates : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books