He can save the future�If only he could remember the past. Bill Johnson is a man with a future� well, with many futures. But now he's in the present, and he has absolutely no memory of who he is, where he comes from, or what he's done. All he knows is what he's just read in the letter he apparently wrote to himself: that he was instrumental in saving the world, again. And that's his job: to save the world, and then to lose all memory of having done so. Plagued by this lack of memory, and by the strange dreams of horrific futures that will come to pass if he doesn't act, Johnson moves from nightmare to nightmare, helping to fix what will go wrong. He doesn't know if he can keep it up, but he knows that he has to. It's his job, his mission in time, to avert the impending Crisis! In 2007, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America honored James Gunn with its Grand Master Award. Gunn began his writing career in 1948 and has since published 26 novels and almost 100 short stories. His work ("The Cave of Night" among several others) has been adapted for radio, an ABC made-for-TV movie based on his novel The Immortals (The Immortal, 1969), and a television series based on the same work (1970-71). His critically acclaimed multi-volume series The Road to Science Fiction is used in science fiction courses across the country, and his mammoth landmark 1975 work Alternate Worlds: the Illustrated History of Science Fiction, was honored with the Science Fiction Research Association's Pilgrim Award for Lifetime Achievement in 1976. A retired professor at the University of Kansas�Lawrence, he has for many years served as the Director of the Center for the Study of Science Fiction. He has lectured in China, Japan, Poland, Romania, the Soviet Union, and many other countries for the US Information Agency. In 1983 he was awarded science fiction's prestigious Hugo award for his non-fiction book Isaac Asimov: The Foundations of Science Fiction.
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x0.3"; 0.5 lb; 150 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-10-12
- Literature & Fiction
- Mystery & Thrillers -- Thrillers
- Science Fiction & Fantasy -- Science Fiction -- Adventure
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books