Includes bibliographical references (p. -125) and index. Introduction: new perspectives -- 1. Nothing up my sleeve: counsellor values -- 2. A national curriculum and the rights of pupils -- 3. Ethical teaching -- 4. All change: a profile of counselling -- 5. Cries for help: counselling in schools -- 6. Understanding the challenge: working with deep feelings -- 7. Emerging into daylight: options and choosing -- 8. Action -- 9. Special issues for the counsellor in school -- 10. Maintenance and growth for the teacher as counsellor -- Appendix. sources of further development.
- LCC: LB1027.5
- Dewey Decimal: 371.4
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 128 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books