Controversies in minority voting: the Voting Rights Act in perspective
Based on a conference sponsored by the Brookings Institution in November 1990. Includes bibliographical refereances (p. 341-362) and indexes. The Voting Rights Act : a brief history / Chandler Davidson -- Section 5 enforcement and the Department of Justice / Drew S. Days III -- The 1982 amendments of Section 2 and minority representation / Laughlin McDonald -- The 1982 amendments and the voting rights paradox / Timothy G. O'Rourke -- Party politics in the wake of the Voting Rights Act / Edward G. Carmines and Robert Huckfeldt -- The Voting Rights Act and the two reconstructions / J. Morgan Kousser -- Voting rights and the American regulatory state / Hugh Davis Graham -- Expert witness testimony and the evolution of voting rights case law / Bernard Grofman -- Litigation, lobbying, and the voting rights law / Gregory A. Caldeira -- Voting rights and democratic theory : toward a color-blind society? / Bruce E. Cain. Latino political incorporation and the Voting Rights Act / Luis R. Fraga -- Voting rights and democratic theory : where do we go from here? / Lani Guinier -- Some consequences of the Voting Rights Act / Carol M. Swain -- A case-specific approach to implementing the Voting Rights Act / James P. Turner -- Postscript : what is the best way to a color-blind society? / Bernard Grofman and Chandler Davidson.
- LCC: KF4893
- Dewey Decimal: 342.73/072
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 376 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books