"An unbiased and comprehensive overview, based on the findings of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). Using no jargon, it looks at tackling and adapting to man-made climate change, and works through the often confusing potential solutions. Bert Metz is the former co-chair of the IPCC, at the center of international climate change negotiations. His insider expertise provides a cutting edge assessment of issues at the top of the political agenda. He leads the reader succinctly through ambitious mitigation scenarios, in combination with adapting our future societies to different climate conditions and the potential costs of these measures. Illustrations and extensive boxed examples motivate students to engage with this essential global debate, and questions for each chapter are available online for course instructors. Minimal technical language also makes this book valuable to anyone with an interest in action to combat climate change"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: TD885.5
- Dewey Decimal: 363.738/746
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xv, 359 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk.)
- Business & Investing -- Economics
- Outdoors & Nature -- Environment -- Weather
- Science -- Earth Sciences -- Environmental Science
- Science -- Earth Sciences -- Rivers
- Greenhouse gas mitigation
- Environmental policy
- Environmental protection
- Climatic changes -- Prevention
- Global environmental change
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books