Consumer behaviour and language a study of the spectators of the Montreal Canadiens and Montreal Alouettes
This study was undertaken to investigate whether differences exist between the motivations of English, French, and bilingual-speaking spectators to attend professional sporting events in Montreal, and to examine whether they have different demographic profiles. The researcher also investigated the differences that exist between spectators who attend professional hockey and those who attend professional football games. The Spectator Attendance Questionnaire (SAQ) was developed to study and measure the problem. In all, 581 fans were surveyed from those in attendance at a Montreal Canadiens hockey game (n = 306) and a Montreal Alouettes football contest (n = 275). Subjects were asked to rate the importance of 35 attendance factors on their decision to attend that game. Attendance factors were classified along the five "P's" of the marketing mix, namely: product, price, place, promotions, and public relations. A five-point Likert Scale was used to score the SAQ. Various demographic data were also collected. (Abstract shortened by UMI.)
Source: Masters Abstracts International, Volume: 42-01, page: 0080. Adviser: James Weese. Thesis (M.H.K.)--University of Windsor (Canada), 2003. Access restricted to subscribers.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 191 p.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books