Complementary and Integrative Medicine in Cancer Care and Prevention: Foundations and Evidence-Based Interventions
Provide whole care to your cancer patients with:.: Up-to-date information on the uses of diet, nutrition, and herbs.; Elucidations of the use of mind-body therapies such as Guided Imagery, Expressive Therapies, and spirituality.; Legal and medical guidance for incorporating Naturopathy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, and Ayurvedic Medicine in cancer care. According to the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (2004), up to 80% of cancer patients undergoing treatment by oncologists and radiation therapists also supplement their treatments with complementa.
Contents; List of Figures & Illustrations; List of Tables; Contributors; Preface; Part 1: Biology and Ecology of Cancer; Part 2: Mind/Body Approaches; Part 3: Diet, Nutrition, and Natural Products; Part 4: Alternative Systems of Medicine; Part 5: Alternative Therapies and Practices; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- Dewey Decimal: 616.99406
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 502 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books