Includes bibliographical references and index. Toward community-oriented policing : potential, basic requirements, and threshold questions / Herman Goldstein -- Community-based policing / Peter K. Manning -- Making neighborhoods safe / James Q. Wilson and George L. Kelling -- Community policing : elements and effects / Gary W. Cordner -- Problem-solving : problem-oriented policing in Newport News / John E. Eck and William Spelman -- Precipitating factors of paradigmatic shift in policing : the origin of the community policing era / William V. Pelfrey, Jr. Implementing community policing in public housing developments in Philadelphia : some early results / Alex Piquero ... [et al.] -- The road to community policing in Los Angeles : a case study / Jack R. Greene -- Community policing in Chicago / Wesley G. Skogan -- The police and the control of crime and disorder / Robert Brame and Alex Piquero -- An inside look at community policing reform : definitions, organizational changes, and evaluation findings / Dennis P. Rosenbaum and Arthur J. Lurigio -- Measuring police performance in the new paradigm of policing / Geoffrey P. Alpert and Mark H. Moore -- COP, COMPSTAT, and the new professionalism : mutual support or counter productivity / Phyllis McDonald -- How officers spend their time with the community / Roger B. Parks ... [et al.] Ready, fire, aim : a look at community policing in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada / Carl W. Hawkins, Jr. -- Community policing in Savannah, Georgia / Jeff Young -- Constituency building and urban community policing / David E. Duffee, Reginald Fluellen and Thomas Roscoe -- Mixed messages / Dennis E. Nowicki -- Personnel performance evaluations in the community policing context / Timothy N. Oettmeier and Mary Ann Wycoff -- On the study of neighborhoods and the police / Geoffrey Alpert, Roger Dunham and Alex Piquero -- Problem solving and community policing / Mark H. Moore -- Community policing against guns : public opinion of the Kansas City gun experiment / James W. Shaw -- Defining the "community" in community policing / Daniel W. Flynn -- Zero tolerance : a case study of police policies and practices in New York City / Judith A. Greene.
- LCC: HV7936
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 536 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Community policing -- United States
- Crime prevention -- United States
- Police-community relations -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books