Community health nursing: advocacy for population health
Includes bibliographical references and index. Unit I: The context for community health nursing. -- Community health nursing as advocacy ; The population context ; The historical context ; Theoretical foundations for community health nursing ; The U.S. health system context ; The global context ; The policy context ; The economic context ; The cultural context ; The environmental context. Unit II: Approaches to community health nursing. -- Health promotion ; Case management ; Community empowerment. Unit III: Care of special populations. -- Care of families ; Care of populations ; Meeting the health needs of child and adolescent populations ; Meeting the health needs of women ; Meeting the health needs of men ; Meeting the health needs of older clients ; Meeting the needs of poor and homeless populations. Unit IV: Care of populations in specialized settings. -- Care of clients in the home setting ; Care of clients in official and voluntary health agencies ; Care of clients in the school setting ; Care of clients in work settings ; Care of clients in urban and rural settings ; Care of clients in correctional settings ; Care of clients in disaster settings. Unit V: Population health issues. -- Communicable diseases ; Chronic physical health problems ; Community mental health problems ; Substance abuse ; Societal violence.
- LCC: RT98
- Dewey Decimal: 610.73/43
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiv, 1064 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books